BlueCats Edge Relay Guide
Vous cherchez le guide de démarrage français? Cliquez ici
In the Box
The BlueCats Edge kit contains:
- BlueCats Edge Bluetooth Scanner and Wireless Access Point
- Micro USB cable for power
- External Bluetooth antenna
|Processor||Atheros 9331 CPU @400MHz|
|Memory / Storage||DDR 64MB / FLASH 16MB|
|Wireless||WiFi 2.4 b/g/n, BLE 4.2 (TI CC2640R2)|
|Max Tx Power||18dBm|
|WAN / LAN||10 / 100 Mbps|
|Power Input||5V / 1A|
|Dimension / Weight||58 x 58 x 25 mm / 60g|
|Working Temperature||0-45°C (32 - 113°F)|
The Edge displays its LEDs and its RP-sma omni directional antenna, which can be replaced if you would like to have a an antenna with a different radiation pattern.
The left LED is used for power indication. It should be always on.
The middle LED doesn’t have functions by default.
The right LED indicate the current status of WiFi. If WiFi is on it should light up. If you have data transmission, it should flash.
On the side of the Edge there is a heat vent, a Reset button, a USB port, and a switch (that currently has no function).
The back of the Edge has a WAN port, which an be POE (powered of ethernet), a LAN port, and alternatively a microUSB power port.
The bottom of the Edge has a lot of information like the Edge’s MAC Address and SSID, which is what the portal will show up as in your WiFi.
Connecting to the Edge (With Ethernet)
The easiest way to configure the Edge is to connect it directly to your computer via Ethernet.
- Connect an ethernet cable to your computer and to the LAN port of the Edge.
- Attach the external bluetooth antenna.
- Plug in the supplied micro-usb cable into the edge to power up the device. (Note that it may take 20-30 seconds to complete startup.)
- Then go to this address 192.168.8.1.
Connecting to the Edge Through WiFi (Without Ethernet)
Start by plugging the supplied micro-usb cable into the edge and any USB port to power up the device and attach the external bluetooth antenna. Note that it may take 20-30 seconds to complete startup.
- Look at the bottom of your Edge. There should be an SSID (i.e. bluecats-230).
- Then look in your WiFi connections and find that WiFi Name.
- Connect to it.
- Then go to this address 192.168.8.1.
Sending your Data (Protocols and Formats)
For sending data to your endpoints. We currently support the data formats:
We support the protocols:
Each edge runs a local web configuration tool to manage both network configuration and BlueCats BLE scanning settings. After your computer has connected to the Edge over Ethernet, navigate to the Edge’s IP address 192.168.8.1 using your web browser.
You will be prompted to log in with the root user credentials.
Password is blank (unset) by default. After logging in without supplying a password, the Web UI will prompt to configure one.
Edge Web Interface / Checking your Firmware Version
Once logged in to the web configuration tool you will land on the System Overview screen. Here you can see what Edge firmware version. It should have a firmware version range from (0.2.X-0.4.X). If your Edge’s firmware is out of date or if you want to update it , you should update it following one of the two procedures here.
There are a considerable number of configuration menu items but only a couple will require any changes. Some of the additional useful features are listed at the end of this document under Troubleshooting. All of the options to configure bluetooth scanning can be found under the ‘BlueCats’ main menu item.
Connecting to Internet via WiFi
The Edge can be configured to send data to another machine on the local WiFi network, or connected to the internet to enable communication to the BlueCats Cloud or to download updated software.
Wireless in the main menu and scan for available networks.
Join an available network
Enter network key and submit
Save and apply changes
Once connected to the local WiFi network, the Edge can be configured to send to an IP address on that network and the ethernet cable can then be disconnected as the Edge will continue sending data over the local WiFi connection while powered.
Register with BlueCats Cloud
By registering the edge device with BlueCats cloud, you can monitor uptime and request the latest available firmware.
Connect and Manage. If the ‘Device Register Status’ is ‘Registered’ then the edge device is successfully connected with the BlueCats cloud services.
If the status is ‘Invalid’, then follow the steps below to register the device. Make sure your device is also connected to the internet through either ethernet or Connecting to WiFi
- If you have your Edge, but don’t yet have a BlueCats account follow these steps to create an account and claim your devices
- Log into https://app.bluecats.com/devices
- Find the Edge you are updating under Devices (you can search by the serial number printed on the label of each Edge) and view its details.
- Click the ‘Revoke Access Token’ button.
- Go back to the Edge UI and click the ‘Re-Register’ button.
- You can test the connectivity to BlueCats Cloud by clicking the ‘Test Connection’ button. The status will be ‘Unknown’ when there is no connection and ‘Unauthorized’ when not registerd.